"I celebrate myself, and sing myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you."

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Pumpkins and Brownies




Today was surprisingly, a rainy day.  Its been close to 80 degrees lately, so a cool rainy day was quite a change. Coincidentally October has just begun. It feels like with the beginning of this month, fall has officially arrived.
Perhaps because of the weather, I left work feeling the need for homeyness and an urge for domesticity. When I got home I decided to add the little fall touches and small amounts of decor that give a nod to the season to our house. Fall wreath on the door, some mini pumpkins, fall leaves. I love seasons and holidays.  Its always fun to celebrate, but I think part of what makes me love them is the sentimentality. Holidays, and even seasons, at least for me, evoke memories and feelings of family, security, tradition and generally just warmth and joy. Times to take a break from work or school and be together, most often in the warmth of a cozy home. After all, home is where the heart is, wherever that may be.
And to add to the coziness, (and deliciousness) of it all, I baked chocolate brownies from scratch. I just took them out of the oven and the wonderful smell is filling my house.



I feel so blessed that I have a safe and happy home in which to celebrate the seasons and holidays, and also to have such a wonderful husband to enjoy it all with. I can only hope that when I have children that they will come to love the seasons and holidays, my little decorations and touches and feel so safe, warm, secure and happy. I hope they will look back on the seasons and holidays with love for all these reasons.
Here's wishing you the joy and warmth of the seasons and the glorious traits and qualities of each as they change. May you find warmth and comfort in the celebrations of nature and holidays spent with loved ones. Happy fall!


No comments:

Post a Comment