"I celebrate myself, and sing myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you."

Monday, August 1, 2011

Ocean Bounties and Summer Gratitude



Today was a lovely day. I started with me doing one of the things I love most, sleeping in. Then I got to stroll through my neighborhood in perfect summer weather to our local coffee shop for my soy latte.
I spent most of the day at the beach. It couldn't have been a nicer day; blue skies, sunny and about 77 F and a nice breeze. There is nothing more calming and satisfying than a day of sunshine and reading at the beach and a little ocean dip.
Inspired by my beautiful ocean day, I have decided to make steamed mussels for dinner. I'm making mussels steamed in beer with crème fraîche, Herbs, and parmesan croutons. Mmmmm! 
I can't wait to throw it all together and have the aromas fill my kitchen. There are few things more pleasant than cooking with nice fresh ingredients. 
Except perhaps sitting out on my back deck, drinking a glass of wine and eating the fruits of my labor with my husband.
I love summer days.


No comments:

Post a Comment