"I celebrate myself, and sing myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you."

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Today was a fairy tale.. I wore a dress, you wore a dark grey suit



I got my wedding photos right around Thanksgiving, and I've just recently had time to organize them.
Looking back through them, I am reliving the day and getting emotional all over again.
I am overcome by the love I have for my husband.
I know so many say this, and I know this, but I love how it evident to me in the photos that I am marrying my best friend. My partner for eight years, there is no one who knows me better, who always keeps me sane and laughing, and who always believes in me.
I think, how young we look. It has only been a couple of months, but I somehow see our lives flash by in my head, and I can see us looking at our wedding photos years down the road. We were, we are kids. So many things to come and so much to learn, and yet I feel in my bones that nothing could break us.
Perhaps this is just the naivety of being a newlywed, but nothing has ever felt so right.

So, a wedding, the love between a bride and groom, is obvious.
But I am also positively overwhelmed by the happiness I feel when I see all of my best friends and sisters together. These girls have stood by me for years and with out a doubt can always bring a smile to my face.
Love between a man and a woman is beautiful, but the love of girlfriends is, in my opinion, essential.
I cannot even explain how lucky I feel, how blessed, how overjoyed that I have these wonderful girls as friends. I have the sudden urge to tackle all of them at once...

And then there is my family. Words fall short, always, in expressing how i feel about them or what they mean to me. I know that it comes naturally to love one's family, especially parents.
But now that I am older I can look back and truly be amazed at my parents and all they have done for me. I can understand how hard it is to raise a family and give them all the credit in the world for doing a job that leaves me in awe. How extraordinary to not only provide for others and put them above yourself completely, so much so that they never have to wonder if they are taken care of,  but also to inspire love, creativity, a love of learning, a thirst for adventure and an example of giving that is set deep within me today. I know so many say it, but my parents have really given me everything. How can I express gratitude for that?
My sisters are a part of me that will never be shaken. I learn from their examples and look up to them always. But more, and now that we are grown, I know that they are friends and, like I would do the same, would do anything for me.


I love weddings. Not only because they are pretty and fun, but because love, in all its wonderful forms is evident everywhere. The love between a bride and groom, between a bride and her bridesmaids, between father and daughter. When else do we get to have all our loved ones in one place, celebrating love and family and friendship?

Love is a beautiful thing.
:)

Some favorite photos from our wedding.

8 29 10


































No comments:

Post a Comment