"I celebrate myself, and sing myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you."

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Love of me



The better part of happiness 

is to wish to be what you are 

                          - Desiderius Erasmus



A quote of the day to let settle in. I have a lot to say about this, but not the time nor the energy at this late hour on a weeknight to do it now.
I will say that sometimes we must go through some real pain and suffering to truly realize this idea. Not in the sense that we are wishing to be someone else, but instead to give us the gumption to stand up for ourselves, to realize we are perfectly fine the way we are, alone seeking just the peace and happiness that depends on no one but ourselves, or just the same finding joy in the company and love of others, but not letting them define us.

So tonight I am thankful. And usually I say for friends, for family for all the things that are important in my life.
But tonight I am thankful, first and foremost, and so greatly for me. I feel like you are not supposed to talk about yourself like this but oh how we should! Placing value, of the utmost urgency and reverence in yourself is essential to happiness and peace. 

And so I am thankful for me and "I celebrate myself and sing myself."



No comments:

Post a Comment