"I celebrate myself, and sing myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you."

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Congratulations you're not a jerk!





Keep your head up
Keep your Heart Strong
Keep your mind set
Keep your mind set in your ways
Keep your heart strong





There will always be someone who has something negative to say. There's always something that could bring you down and make you feel like giving up. I think we all know we have a choice; to let someone or something bring you down and make you feel defeated or to accept constructive criticism and make the most of it.
Yet sometimes it doesn't seem that simple. You start to doubt yourself and wonder how it seems that everyone else has it together and you just cant seem to do it. You feel like you just won't succeed and ultimately like a failure. 

I sometimes grow tired of what seems to be the measure of success we look to. I feel like being a kind, thoughtful, loving and gracious person is of little importance compared to the "successes" we focus on. Having these qualities is sadly only acknowledged only with a passing wave. No one says, congratulations you are not a jerk, congratulations you offer unconditional love to those in your life and  lets go celebrate this accomplishment. I guess we dont necessarily need praise for behaving as decent human beings, but when this seems to fall by the wayside in favor of other successes it feels rather sad, defeating and even confusing sometimes. 

I think I have a certain kind of brain that doesn't understand many constraints. My brain, my heart, my emotion seeks to create beauty, foster love and embrace all the wonderful moments this world has to offer us. Life is for love, enjoyment and letting your brain ponder all the wonderful thoughts and possibilites that exist. Making art out of words and photos, attempting to match meaning, thoughts and questions to human existence. I just cant really fathom focusing on what seems like mundane details that have nothing to do with the long run.
But I know we all value different things. To each their own, all I ask is that others let me be, and do what I love and care about, as I will to them. 

And to those I know who are kind, thoughtful, gracious people, I say congratulations to you. You are few and far between. Being the way you are, I think, is the most important success of all. We need many more people who love unconditionally, dont judge others, and seek to make this world and more positive and beautiful place. You make my life worth living and I love you. Given all the negativity and judgement, those who always have something to criticize us for, you truly are what love is made of. 




No comments:

Post a Comment