"I celebrate myself, and sing myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you."

Monday, July 11, 2011

Water Joy



Yesterday I went stand up paddle boarding for the first time.
Yes please!!
I thought I would enjoy it since I love being in and on the water and enjoy surfing and just being active out doors, but it was even better than I imagined it would be!
What surprised me the most was how peaceful it was. There is something about gliding over the water, looking out over sea and feeling the sun and the breeze.
One thing I strive for in my life is to be present; that is to be in the moment, appreciating my here and now and my surroundings and observing the world as it teems with life around me. There are times when I have the urge to just push through to something more exciting, passing the hours in anticipation of the future.
But this is no way to live. Even the seemingly mundane is valuable, and at the very least  it is life. We know life is short, so taking days or moments for granted is really such a tragedy.
And so there are many times I must concentrate on the moment, actively making sure I am in the here and now. And then there are those wonderful moments when I can't help but be ever so present, enjoying every little thing as it unfolds around me. These invaluable moments usually occur for me when I am outdoors, enjoying nature.
Out on a paddle board I couldn't help but smile and be completely present. Observing land from water is a unique perspective ill never tire of. It is instantly calming and breathtaking.

As always I am thankful for summer and sun and ocean and the chance to get to enjoy this beautiful earth.
So, go paddle boarding!
I can't wait to go again in August in Hawaii!

No comments:

Post a Comment