"I celebrate myself, and sing myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you."

Monday, October 25, 2010

A Cliff Dwelling

There sandy seems the golden sky
And golden seems the sandy plain.
No habitation meets the eye
Unless in the horizon rim,
Some halfway up the limestone wall,
That spot of black is not a stain
Or shadow, but a cavern hole,
Where someone used to climb and crawl
To rest from his besetting fears.
I see the callus on his soul
The disappearing last of him
And of his race starvation slim,
Oh years ago - ten thousand years.
Robert Frost

People are too much it seems, sometimes. 
We are ticking bombs, waiting to explode all over the person that taps into the raw that is so ever present inside.
It seems easier to just avoid it all together.
I crave solitude today.
To be lost in a foreign city, where no one knows me or cares about me.
Or completely alone in a forest.
Somewhere away from the emotionally charged sea of people i somehow have no idea how to deal with anymore.

This doesn't mean i am a miserable human being. That i hate the world and all who inhabit it.
It just means that sometimes I need to be lost in the caverns of my own thoughts. 
And maybe it means i feel disillusioned or a bit anti-social.
Sometimes I just want to be. I don't want to worry about how my being or what I'm saying affects someone else.
If I could float on, down a quiet river... and if you could all just let me be.





No comments:

Post a Comment